Paul J. Pelkonen
570 44th St. Apt. 4 Brooklyn NY 11220
home: 718 435 0774, cell: 917 671 8407. email@example.com.
Paul J. Pelkonen
570 44th St. Apt. 4
Brooklyn NY 11220
Home Phone: (718) 435-0774. Cell: (917) 671-8407.
Facebook: pauljpelkonen. Twitter: ppelkonen. Google +: Paul Pelkonen
Career Summary: I am a writer with five years staff experience and another twelve as a freelancer. I am a self-published author and the owner of the
classical music blog Superconductor.
Objective: I seek a full-time position with editorial responsibilities.
Editor, Superconductor Classical and Opera, Feb. 2007-Present
* Wrote, created and edited a classical music blog building readership of over 1,500 page views daily.
* Sold advertising to support the blog.
* Synergized relationships with Amazon.com and Google receiving revenue and support from both companies.
* Built strong relationships with major performing arts organizations both in New York and elsewhere.
* Designed all graphic headers and edited all photos appearing on Superconductor.
* Increased exposure and awareness of Superconductor brand through Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.
Writer, Playbill (Oct. 2012-Present.)
Contributing Writer, New York Times Global/International Herald Tribune (March 2005-July 2014.)
Contributing Writer, New York Daily News, July 2011-Jan. 2012.
Writer, Georgia Music (Sept. 2010-March 2012.)
Writer, Wizard Entertainment, (Jan. 2006-Jan. 2011.)
Writer, The Classical Review (Sept. 2012-Dec.2013)
Writer, Broken Window Books, Nov. 2005-May 2007.
Writer, Washington National Opera (March 2003-Jan. 2005.)
Writer, Stagebill Inc. New York, NY, February-August 2002.
Reviewer, Opera News, OperaNews.com. (New York, NY, Sept. 2000-March 2003)
Reviewer, Time Out New York New York, NY, (March 2000-Dec. 2004.)
Docent, The Gates: A Project For Central Park (February 2005.)
Associate Editor, Citysearch.com, New York, NY, (Nov. 1996-March 2001.)
Achievements and Projects:
* Researched, wrote, edited and produced features, listings, daily content and weekly newsletters.
* Established Citysearch as a recognized media brand.
* Wrote articles on opera, sports, classical music and fitness.
* Created original web features and profiles, supervising Citysearch’s first inter-market feature.
* Obtained and managed photo files and on-line database.
* Aided in editorial cleanup following database migrations.
* Participated in Citysearch Northeast rollout.
M.S., Print Journalism, Boston University, Boston MA, (Jan. 1996.)
B.A., History, Fordham University, (June 1994.)
Creative, fast writer, able to write under pressure on a daily basis.
Detail-oriented editor with AP style and a strong command of the English language.
Trained reporter: AP Style.
Excellent phone skills, including phone interviews.
Experienced researcher and interviewer.
Windows, Macintosh,(OS X) Macromedia DreamWeaver, Blog management software. Facebook, ILife, Twitter, Adobe Photoshop, SQL/Oracle database applications for content production and editing.