Support independent arts journalism by joining our Patreon! Currently $5/month.

About Superconductor

Our motto: "Critical thinking in the cheap seats." Unbiased, honest classical music and opera opinions, occasional obituaries and classical news reporting, since 2007. All written content © 2019 by Paul J. Pelkonen. For more about Superconductor, visit this link. For advertising rates, click this link. Follow us on Facebook.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Putting Ideas Together I

Ed. Note: Sometimes you just want to put up a blog post so you can get back to writing. This is one of those days.

Brian Eno's Music for Airports


"I have found that Schoenbergian systems, in combination with predominant methods enable me to tonally sense brand-new possibilities in a highly musical and extremely progressive way. As a primarily ambiguous artist, I aim to develop the linearity within non-linear-illusions, and bring forth a single cluster that really senses the most poly-timbral issues. It is always crucial to interpret a sense of 'awarenesses of phrase', never more so than today. 


"My distorted collaborations have led me to explore the multimedia potential of approaches and continuities, and abandon the creation of situations in which the visualising of a tone-row has the potential to transpose all sorts of flowing passage-studies. When planning my flowing visions, I often find that contextualizing a somewhat conceptual array of musical polyphonies helps a great deal. My work is, in short, a re-imagining of the 'Romantic-silences' school of contemporary 'aesthetic-chord-structure' composition."
--From The Contemporary Classical Composer's Bullshit Generator.

Trending on Superconductor

Translate

Share My Blog!

Share |

Critical Thinking in the Cheap Seats